Thursday, January 29, 2009

If It Don't Fit, You Must Acquit...

Today's motivating factor to diet was thinking about things I would like to be able to wear...and will hopefully be able to wear some day in the not too distant future.

Navy Pea coat
Trench coat
Leather jacket
(OK...it's been cold lately.)

To clarify, they make all of these coats in fat people sizes but they look really silly. I tried a leather jacket on at the Big Fat Guy store and I looked like a leather couch. If I had a trench coat on it would look like I have four or five midgets hiding under the coat as part of a Jack-Ass prank.

I haven't made it to the gym yet and I'm pretty sure it won't happen this week. It's OK though if I still lose weight. We'll see Sunday. Ha! I weigh myself twice a day. I know you shouldn't but I can't help it.

Work has been nutty. The snow has been nutty. My kids have been nutty. I would like to say that my middle child just took a "progress test" in kindergarten and had the highest score at the school in three years (also higher than some first and second graders). She has bought into the plan that only smart people are going to get a post-secondary education in the Smith Family. Viva scholarships!

I'm really not as wigged out and random as I sound. I'm just ready to snap and would like just one bag of Doritos or one chocolate cake to take the edge off. On my way home, I kept my eye out for any transient bakers who might be willing to trade confections for shelter. No luck.

Still doing well on my diet. I'm gonna have to work out soon to manage this stress.

Peace and joy to you all.

Len

Anyone got a Dilly Bar?

http://trappedinafatman.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. The couch reference cracked me up, Len!! I weigh myself way too often also and was just having my own fantasy about a bag of Doritos before I read your post! Trying...to....stay....strong!!!

    ReplyDelete