Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day #3: The walls are closing in.

OK...so writing this blog makes me sweat.

Day three boys and girls was Slimfast, salad, and a baked potatoE with low fat Honey Mustard salad dressing. OK, not eating like a champ but not eating heinous either.

First coming clean moment: At midnight, I awoke hungry and ate a sleeve of Ritz crackers. For about the last 20 years, I wake up about an hour and a half after I go to bed and I am ravenously hungry. The same thing happens when I wake up from a nap. The downside is that at night, I can sneak down and gorge. I have talked to countless health care professionals and they just say stop doing it. K. Rolling over doesn't work. I just think about the perfect opportunity I have to sneak food...in my own house...that I paid for anyway. Maybe this springs from some kind of perceived denial in my youth. I don't think it is as much about the eating as it is the sneaking. We actually put a bedroom door knob on the door, lock side out. You'd be surprised how many things in the house can be used to pick a bedroom door lock.

Anywho, I think I am going to come up with some kind of low-calorie snack that I can crunch for a second and feel satisfied. I just read where night eating being bad is a myth.

All in all I really haven't had cravings. The key is variety and not making this experiment about denial. The minute I start denying myself I get all "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." and pig out. The variety thing usually kicks in about week two.

So day three is in the books. Peace my brothers and sisters.

3 comments:

  1. Take a some sleeping pills and just snooze through that 1.5 hour section. And if you take enough of them all at once, you might end up being famous like Elvis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear god, a sleeve of Ritz crackers?!? That would make me ill. Am I the only fat person who doesn't binge? I was talking to a woman I know who lost a ton of weight. When she was fat she ate 1/2 gallon of ice cream almost every night. I cannot even imagine!

    Here's my day yesterday. No exercise. Oatmeal for breakfast. Cheeseburger and fries for lunch. Steak & cheese sandwich and fries for dinner. A handful of jelly beans in the evening. Drinks were 1 coffee, 1 diet coke, 1 beer, and lots of water. I could do better.

    I got back to the gym today for 30 vigorous minutes. This was my first exercise since Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, not eating like a champ but not eating heinous either.

    you've got to start somewhere. it's a give and take thing. allow yourself small things so you can win on the bigger ones. ie: do the ranch dressing on a salad so you don't feel so deprived that you mow down on punch and pie for dessert!

    Anywho, I think I am going to come up with some kind of low-calorie snack that I can crunch for a second and feel satisfied.

    granola, carrots, apple slices, grapes, maybe even a small bowl of cereal...all good and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete