Monday, January 5, 2009

Day two.

Still can't see my belt buckle without a mirror.

Seriously, things went well today. I ate well and got some exercise dodging hillbillies at our local Walmart. Not a bad test today. I had some stress at work and instead of heading to the cafe like a Jonesing crack addict, I drank some water and knuckled down.
  • Breakfast: Slimfast shake. Easy, fast, and synthetic.
  • Lunch: Salad (w/lots of veggies...some dressing [Thousand Island...I know....bad]), diet Mountain Dew
  • Dinner: Lean ham sammich (w/2% cheese and Shed's Spread) and some no fat croutons...delicious, diet Mountain Dew
  • Drinking lots of water
So far, no real hunger pangs. I'm encouraged that my body gets satisfied fairly quickly. I'm thinking an apple or maybe some whole wheat crackers for an afternoon snack tomorrow. I got a little grouchy toward the end of the day.

I'm trying to figure out what my exercise routine will be. I'm pretty sure walking will be involved. My work has a decent gym. I may try to start going in the evenings a couple of days a week. What sucks is exercise produces massive sweat which makes me look fat and gross. Still, I know exercise will be key to this whole crazy experiment.

Thanks for checking in.

5 comments:

  1. Massive sweat is good. Embrace the grossness. I suggest 30 minutes/day mon-fri. Once you've got the habit formed you can increase the time to 60 minutes/day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are serious about trackign your diet, try a site like fitday.com. You eneter everything you've eaten, it spits back the number of calories and how much carbs/fat/protein/alcohol you'v eaten. I'm aready good about going to the gym, but my diet sucks. So I am focusing on eating like a champ for the next two months. Here is my public fitday profile. If I write what I eat down, I'm less likely to cheat. http://fitday.com/oi/FitDay/PublicJournals.html?Owner=flinchbot

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have an iPhone, check out the "Lose It" application. I love it and have been using it for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey len, it's your favorite lizard.

    So far, no real hunger pangs. I'm encouraged that my body gets satisfied fairly quickly. I'm thinking an apple or maybe some whole wheat crackers for an afternoon snack tomorrow. I got a little grouchy toward the end of the day.

    this is key, dude. if you pay attention, you'll notice you need a lot less than you think you do. paying attention is so key. you can feel satisfied by much less (of anything, but especially fats and sweets) if you're paying attention to each bite, how it tastes and how your body reacts to it. it sounds cheesy, but it works! :)

    ReplyDelete