Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Day, Another Diet

Hey fat person voyeurs. I hope you are all doing well.

I had a pretty good day. SlimFast in the morning, salad for lunch, dark chocolate bite for afternoon snack, and a ham sammich/pretzels for dinner.

Last night...I didn't snack in the middle of the night. I woke up about five times though. Each time I felt like heading downstairs for a snack. I'm really going to fight through the urge to get up in the middle of the night. Thanks to all of you who have stopped by with advice about that. The advice has ranged from "kill yourself with sleeping pills like Elvis did" to "try an exorcism". I do so love the advice of my friends.

I'm not sure what my blog status will be for the weekend. To tell you the truth, I am kind of dreading the weekend. During the week, between work and kid time, I don't have a lot of spare time to sit and think about food. I need to make sure I am occupied this weekend. Maybe I'll start a youth hostel or found a religion. Maybe I'll design a stadium chair with lubricated sides.

Time for "Today's Nasty Fat Side Effect". Here it goes. When you are really hefty around the waste (read: almost as wide around as you are are tall) sitting in chairs at sporting events can suck. You sort of melt into the chair. Your fat, like water, seeks the path of least resistance and fills all the little nooks and crannies in the chair. Then, when your team does well, you try to stand up and clap and nearly rip the floor up with you. Plus, the release of your side meat from the confines of the chair results in a fatty spillover onto your neighbors who are likely trying to eat nachos or drink a beer. By about half time, you give up and swear that the next person who starts a "The Wave" is getting slapped.

All in all...my first "business week" in this experiment went well. I'll weigh Sunday and let you know how it goes.

Peace and liposuction to all.

Len

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you strength this weekend, Len! You're in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fat person voyeurs"... the actual term is "chubby chaser". Get it right.

    ReplyDelete