Friday, January 9, 2009

It's Friiiiiiiiiiiday.

Another good day.

I've gone two days in a row without eating in the middle of the night. I wish I could say it was easy. I wake up hungry and my blood sugar feels really low. I sit there for about a half hour and go back to sleep. I think my body has developed a serious habit and is not giving in quietly.

I've been speaking fairly harshly about my body lately. I've been making fun of it being big, sloppy, big and sloppy. You know, it's really not my body's fault. It's my stomach's fault. It's important to isolate blame. So now I hate my stomach. First of all, it's always being like, "I'm hungry, feed me." AND it sits squarely between me and seeing my belt buckle without a mirror. Come to think of it, if I look straight down, I can't see crap. My horizon is 10 inches below my chin. I could have a stalker hiding under there and wouldn't know it. Oh the humanity.

That said, these six days haven't been that hard. I've kicked up my activity level a bit and have resisted the urge to sit down and watch TV. Smokers talk about taking themselves out of situations that enable their smoking habit. Well, lethargy and stress enable my eating habit. Funny how both can be counteracted with activity. I have noticed that since I have been eating better, I am more mentally active and moving around isn't as dreadful an idea as it was before. Maybe I can start a positive cycle here.

Today's menu included the daily Slim Fast shake, a Lean Cuisine Chicken Philly Cheese Steak (yum), and a ham sammich from Subway (no mayo, no chips).

There will be no "Today's Nasty Fat Side Effect". I tallied them up and since I have 359 days to go on this blog and nowhere near that many PG rated side effects, I have to spread them out. If this was a R rated blog, we could break into some really fun stuff.

Weight in is in two days.

Peace mein freunde!

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment