Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday night's alright for dieting...

Wassup...

Breakfast was mini wheat, lunch was grilled chicken and peppers on warmed whole-wheat flat bread (yum-o-matic), and dinner was a salad with a lot of tomatoes and sunflower seeds.

You know...I measured out my mini wheat for the first time this morning and came to the conclusion that I normally eat six to eight servings. That's when I used to go by the "fill the large mixing bowl 'till it's full" method. Holy cow, I knew I was eating more than I should but dang. That was the equivalent of about 300% of my daily fibre needs...which explains a lot. The thing is, with one serving, 15 minutes later I was satisfied. I am marvelling at how my body really can be satisfied with less and better food. It's my head that isn't screwed on right (shut up Tressler). If you read yesterday's post, in it I decided to blame my stomach for my thickness. I'm changing that, now I'm blaming my head. In it's infinite logic, my head consistently reasons that double, triple, even quadruple portions of food are OK. My head also contains my mouth, which has gotten me into more trouble in my life than all my other bodily organs combined. So I hate my head now.

Last night, as I was on safari at the Noblesville Walmart, I picked up some General Mills Fibre One bars (oats and chocolate)...only 130 calories each but very satisfying and quite tasty. Eating one also provides me with the illusion that I am getting a treat.

No eating at night last night and it was much easier than the previous two mights. What do they say, it takes 14 consecutive days to form a habit? Only 11 more!

I deliberately picked a large project (reorganizing our entire home) to keep me busy today. I was up and down two flights of stairs about 40 times. I feel pretty good. In the end, our laundry room is clean, our basement (my man cave) is clean...except my wides screen is dead, and the rest of the house is respectable. Lest I take all the credit, my wife worked like a trooper all day too.

Tomorrow is my first weigh in. I'm expecting great things.

Love,

Len

1 comment:

  1. I am marvelling at how my body really can be satisfied with less and better food.

    true that, bro. keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete