Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K. I got to say it was a good day.

I would have to have two more joints in my back to be able to see my belt buckle without a mirror.

I had a good day at work and a good day eating. I forgot to grab a Slimfast on the way out the door. A cup of tea got me through the morning. I had a nice salad for lunch. I am really craving tomatoes and our cafe' has had decent tomatoes (for January) the last few days. I also think steamed broccoli sounds good. Maybe tomorrow. For dinner I had baked lemon pepper chicken (thanks wife of mine) with no yolk egg noodles. I had a mini dark chocolate bar (bite size) as an afternoon snack.

Last night, when I woke...a grabbed a piece of white bread and it did the trick. I know, 70 empty calories...but not the 550 calories in a sleeve of Ritz crackers.

Exercise is still not in the routine. Right now, I'm really focusing on getting momentum with eating better. I know exerise is key...but baby steps.

I'm going to start a new feature in this blog called "Nasty Fat Person Side Effects". Each day I will list some type of suckery that is due to my girth.

Today's Nasty Fat Side Effect: Having to sit farther away from the table due to my gut size which increases the chance of dropping food on my stomach. There is nothing more sad than a fat guy with a food stain on his shirt.

Peace to all and weight loss to me!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there brother! You definitely are a wordsmith, pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude...have you ever had your thyroid levels tested? I once gained some weight and the dr tested my thyroid and determined it wasn't working. He put me on daily thyroid meds, and I lost 29 pounds. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you find you need a partner for cardio in the fitness center or outside, let me know. i'd be happy to go walk with you! (i'm a social exercise person, hence the yoga and the gym membership)

    ReplyDelete