Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pardon me, but have you seen 3 lbs of triesters of glycerol and fatty acids? I seem to have lost mine.

Weigh in day has arrived. The total shedding this week is 3 lbs. That brings the total to 19.5 lbs in 5 weeks. After doing some research, it seems I have lost the equivalent of a small car tire, a Karaoke machine, or a decent sized game tuna. My knees and hips are grateful, I'm sure.

I had an interesting thing happen to me last night. My daughter and I were watching Apollo 13 when she looked at me and asked me, "Daddy, what's a stud?" Caught off guard, I came up with "a horse that has retired and will just make babies for the rest of his life." Realizing how "Animal Planet" that all sounded, I then explained that some girls might refer to a cute boy as a stud. My daughter responded with, "Daddy, you're a stud!" Needless to say, that sounded OK to me. To all of the girls in Jr and Sr high who doubted my studdliness, I say "Get...you...some!" Better late than never.

I would like to thank Hye Kyong Nicholson and Rita Blay for supplying me with some recipes last week. Rita sent tasty-sounding recipes for Meatloaf and Taco Soup. Hye Kyong sent a tasty-sounding recipe for roasted asparagus. I say tasty-sounding because I haven't been able to try any of them yet. My diet is in a rut and I want to bust out these recipes ASAP.

I exercised for the first time this week. All hail, all rise. I walked a mile and a half yesterday. It felt good. My friend Stephanie said I need to "get addicted" to walking. I told her I thought it would be cool to become as addicted to walking as I am to biscuits and gravy. I took our little dog Gizmo out for his first walk. He had a big time, though he came back soaked and muddy. If he could have talked, I'll bet he would have explained his good time like this:

"It was so cool! There were these three mounds of canine feces that I investigated along the way. From the urine trails I picked up, there are at least a dozen other dogs that have hung out along our route...I think one has a bladder infection. I was able to put faces with some of the barks I've been hearing. They were all friendly except for these two Labs that kept shouting "Lab power! Lab power!". They seemed to want to eat me. In the end, it was a blast. The big guy with me was a red-faced, stinky mess towards the end, but I hope we get to do it again soon."

I was enlightened a little this week. I broke down the calories in the turkey sub that I usually get in our cafe' during the workweek. The pepper jack cheese, southwestern mayo, and garlic Parmesan bread adds 300 calories to the sub...basically doubling it. The downside is the cheese and mayo add the spiciness I love. Maybe I'll just have them add banana peppers and jalapenos.

All in all, my little one year experiment is off to a good start. I have a long way to go, but not as long as I had 5 weeks ago.

Peace and love.

Len

http://trappedinafatman.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Dude I am impressed. You are making solid, week by week progress, which is the right kind to make (I've heard). When you are all done, I will take those nude photos you always wanted to post on the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete