Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lost: One Four Pound Lump of Fat

Starting Weight: 325 lbs
Weight Lost This Week: 4 lbs
Weight Lost to Date: 24 lbs
Weeks Completed: 6

OK...so I'm a big fan of exercise now. I walked 1.6 miles (in 30 mins) 5 days this week. I know that is the primary reason I lost 4 lbs instead of the usual 2 or 3. I feel much better. Here's the cool thing, I don't need as much sleep! I used to sleep for about 9 hours and wake up tired. On the weekend, I'd throw in another 2 hour nap each day. Now 8 hours does the trick.

My wife has a recipe for Roslyn Bakery "Smiley Face" cookies. For those of you not in Indy, these are cookies that used to be sold by the now-defunct Roslyn Bakery. They are the bomb. They amount to a thick sugar cookie that is just a bit solid (but cake-like in the middle) with a hardened sugar frosting on the outside. Why my wife chose to make like four dozen of them is beyond me. But I have abstained, yay verily!

I've also become a fan of Soy Milk (Light Vanilla) on my cereal. It adds some extra flavor without the extra calories.

Time for an episode of Today's Nasty Fat Side Effect". When you are uber fat, you start getting fat rolls on the back of your head. If you were bald, it would look like you had a package of hot dogs glued to your neck. This sucks for a variety of reasons. First, having a fat head is just sad. There isn't much natural fat on the human head. To get "rolls" of it, you have to be really trying. Also, it creates a nice crease (or creases) in your hair. That crease tells everyone that you would rather eat at Taco Bell than have a normal neck. I heard a comedian mention that some folks look like they have a CD rack on the back of their head. Maybe that's where my copy of Thriller is? Anywho, the good news is that when you start to lose weight, neck fat is the first to go.

Bottom line: Things are going well and I'm pleased. Soon, I hope to be reporting that I am under 300 lbs.

Peace and Love,

Len

http://trappedinafatman.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Good show! btw, you might look at rice milk. not sure of the soy milk vs. rice milk stats, but rice milk has a sweet taste that goes great on cereal. I actually prefer it to regular milk on cereal (and in mocha's, but let's not discuss that here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is phenomenal... already checking your starting weight vs current, that progress is mind-blowing. You're literally burning through to your goal in an amazingly small amount of time.

    I honestly can't wait to see a Len Smith at 225 (or whatever the final goal is.) Speaking of, is your goal x body fat %, or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm super proud of you len. glad i got you on the silk-train...that stuff is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Len! You are doing great! So happy for you! Keep it up my friend.

    ReplyDelete