Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another Day on the Virtual Fat Farm

Starting Weight: 324.5 lbs
Weight Last Sunday: 284.5 lbs
Weight today: 281.5 lbs
Weight Lost This Week: 3 lbs
Weight Lost to Date: 43 lbs
Weeks Completed: 12
Weeks to go: 40

OK...another week of trying to undo ten years of unbridled gorging. I'm back on the program this week folks. 3 lbs of McDonald's/Taco Bell/sampler appetizers from RAM have been exorcised from "the temple". How is that for a fat-laden anecdote wrapped in a religious reference? Mea culpa. OK, I'll stop.

I would be lying if I said it was still really easy to keep doing this. Don't get me wrong, eating right and exercising is still pretty easy. What is tough is imbibing (or the lack thereof). Since spring is in the air there are all sorts of things happening. Trees are blooming, grass is getting green, birds are singing, and Len is getting almost nightly invites to:

Go to [insert bar] and sit outside and drink [insert drink of choice].

I really enjoy getting together with friends over a pint or six. The problem is drinking beer only helps you loose weight if you don't eat. In that instance cirrhosis is is good for weight loss but really bad for liver health and um living. The week of St. Patrick's day I was able to enjoy some nights out but it cut into my weight loss. Now that I think about it, I'm sounding an awful lot like an alcoholic. Stay tuned for my newest blogging endeavor called "Diary of Angry Lush".

The irritating yet quasi cool thing going on now is that I am in a transition weight. This means my clothes don't really fit but I'm not ready to drop a size in my clothes yet. Maybe I could just buy a Snuggie and wear it around for the next nine months. I could tell everyone it's a Tibetan monk thing. I could also easily reach for the remote while comfortably relaxing on the sofa (don't believe me...watch the infomercial).

I'm going to forgo the "Today's Nasty Fat Side Effect". I wish I could say the pain of self-deprecating humor has wounded me too deeply. The reality is that I haven't a thing humorous to report. Sufficed to say, being a disgusting fat body is a nasty fat side effect of being fat. 'Nuff said.

Until next week, peace and weightlessness...er weight loss...to all.

Len

http://trappedinafatman.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment