Sunday, March 22, 2009

I've Lost the Equivalent of a Bag of Rock Salt

Starting Weight: 324.5 lbs
Weight Last Saturday: 286 lbs
Weight today: 284.4 lbs
Weight Lost This Week: 1.5 lbs
Weight Lost to Date: 40 lbs
Weeks Completed: 11
Weeks to go: 41

It's not a terribly impressive report today but it is a significant milestone. Though I only lost a pound and a half, I have finally hit the 40 pound mark. To put that in perspective, a bag of Morton's rock salt weights 40 lbs as does a bag of top soil, Keira Knightley, and eight 5lb bags of flour.

My moderate loss this week can be attributed to one word: drinking. I had a few beers on St. Patrick's day, and went out Saturday night (a.k.a. last night). If you remember, I also started the week off 5.5 lbs bloated from a drink fest a week ago last Saturday. I did have fun this week and while I know that I have to cut the drinking back if I want to progress, I think it was a good time in the diet to cut lose. Now I want to push on to getting the rest of this weight off. According to my project goals, I have 60 lbs to go by Jan 14, 2010. In total, I have about 85 lbs more to lose.

Time for another edition of Today's Nasty Fat Side-Effect. This one may be a little more of the PG-13 rated variety but it's certainly relevant. Today we are going to talk about man breasts. These unfortunate visitors happen when men get heavy. You don't have to be a manatee-looking slob to have man boobies. Moderately overweight men can get them too. Regardless of your girth, they are embarrassing. There's nothing more sad than ripping off your shirt at the beach and having some woman retract in horror until she realizes you are not an older hairy woman flashing people. Seinfeld has a hilarious episode on bras for men. Suggested titles for said appliance include the "Bro" and the "Manssier". I really can't think of the equivalent side-effect for a woman. It's not like one day a woman will get fat enough to develop a large Adam's Apple. Maybe hair on a woman's upper lip might come close. The bottom line is that this side-effect adds insult to injury. Not only are you overweight, but you are developing female characteristics. Believe it or not, there is a scientific name for this: gynecomastia. And a word to the wise gents, I hear this condition is very hard to reverse as breast weight is the last to go. In any event, I look forward to one day replacing my man-ta ta's with pecks!

Well that does it for this week's post. I want to thank my readers for their words of encouragement. See you next week.

Peace and love,

Len

http://trappedinafatman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment