Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fat Man on Hiatus

OK...so it's been two weeks since I blogged! It's been 7 weeks since I lost a pound. I'm not going to lie and say I've been trying really hard. What I have been doing is enjoying myself and maintaining my weight. I'll gain a few pounds, then lose it, and so on. Part of my problem has been summer festivities. It seems like there is a cookout or a night out after work lurking around every corner. The thing is, I'm not ready to just maintain. I have 44 more lbs to lose. That said, I can't really guarantee when this hiatus will end. I keep thinking it will end each week and then...something fun comes up. I'm going to lose the rest of this weight by Jan 14, 2010. I've been keeping active. I got my bike fixed and have ridden it a few times. Add to that to some walking, cutting my grass, and the occasional all day trek around an amusement park and I'm keeping in motion.

Things have been going well in my world. My company won a large government contract which means I should have a job for at least the next year or two. My wife just got a job at our kids' elementary school as a secretary. This was the kind of gig she was looking for. It's part-time, she gets the same days off as our kids do, and she'll be at the school with our kids. This is happening about two years sooner than we planned but these type of jobs don't come up often so she pounced.

On a weight-related note, I took my blood pressure at CVS and it was as low as it's been in 10 years (126/71). That is with medication; however, before I shed 56 pounds the lowest I could get it was 140/89. That is encouraging. Maybe in another 44 lbs I can get off this med all together.

So I'm not sure what my chances are of jump starting this thing this week. I have a golf outing this Friday where the food and beer will be free. We'll see. In the end, as long as I can stay around 268-270, I'll be in position to kick this thing off again. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my summer.

Peace and love.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment