Sunday, July 19, 2009

Let the Re-Losing Begin

Starting Weight: 324.5 lbs
Weight Last Sunday: 277
Weight today: 275 lbs
Weight Lost This Week: 2
Weight Lost to Date: 49.5 lbs (56.5 before the gain back)
Weeks Completed: 28
Weeks to go: 24

OK...so the weight is coming back off. Man I hate having to re-lose weight. I've wasted a lot of time. That said, I'm heading back down again which is cool. I went to the county 4-H fair yesterday. If I live to be 200 I will never enjoy walking thru barns of stinky animals. The fact that the food tents were right next to the barns seemed like an odd choice. I wonder how the hogs felt knowing their cousins were being sold on buns right next door.

My wife starts back to work tomorrow. For those just tuning in, she will be a part time secretary at Forest Hill Elementary (where our two older children are in school). This is happening a few years earlier than we had planned since Laina is still in preschool. The fact is, these jobs don't come up very often so Amy went for it. She really had no desire to go back to work in corporate America...especially Sallie Mae (from whence she came).

Last night my middle child (Erin) said as we were coming home from Walmart "We are on our way home from Idiotville." to which my son replied, "If that was true, we wouldn't have been able to take you home because you would have become their mayor." It's these heartfelt exchanges between my kids that warm me inside. My youngest was mucho grouchy yesterday. She slept 12 hours and is a new person. I, on the other hand, have a cold. How one gets a cold in July is beyond me. Perhaps it's going from 90 degrees to 70 degrees in one day. Perhaps it's the filthy animal barns at White Trash Expo (a.k.a. the Hamilton County 4-H Fair). Who knows.

Anywho, I'm back to my losing ways and hope to continue next week.

Peace and love to all.

Len

http://trappedinafatman.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious.

    Focus on the weight lost, not the slippage.

    Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete