Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fat Man: Beginnings

Starting Weight: 324.5 lbs
Weight Last Sunday: 268
Weight Today: 268 lbs
Weight Lost this week: 0 lbs
Weight Lost to Date: 56.5 lbs
Weeks Completed: 23
Weeks to go: 29

OK, another week stuck in the middle. I know the culprit and I'm going to come clean. For the past few weeks my night eating has returned. Peanut butter is the culprit. HOW!? I've never eaten spoonfuls of peanut butter from the jar. Maybe my body needs protein? Maybe I'm just a food-aholic that jumps from one type of extreme binge to another?

The good news is, I haven't gained any weight. The bad news, this is three weeks with no loss.

I am recommitting today!!!!!!

The exercise still goes well and the during the day eating is fine. To help with the motivation, I am going to remind myself of where I was and what I have gained (in my loss).

  • When I was at 324 lbs, I would sit in my office, having to use the restroom but dreading the 50 foot walk to the men's room. I would sit there hour on end thinking, "What about my trash can? Man I wish these windows opened. Maybe I could get one of those astronaut diapers like that crazy b--- in Florida." SAD. Now I walk 3 miles a day.
  • When I was 324 lbs, I couldn't cut my grass without a couple of breaks and without feeling like I was going to die for the rest of the day. Now I cut it without breaks, coach two soccer games, put down fertilizer, and have energy to play with my kids.
  • When I was 324 lbs, I used to sweat while I was eating. Now....well I'm still a sweaty bastard...but only when I exercise.
  • Having lost 56 lbs, I dropped two waist sizes (46 to 42) and 42s are getting loose! I have a whole group of new (old) shirts I can wear now!
  • My jawline has reappeared.
  • My blood pressure has dropped 25 points on top and 15 points on the bottom
  • I no longer snore (much).

These are just a few of the things that have changed my life after losing 56 lbs. I still need to lose 44 more to make my goal and I have 29 weeks to go! I'm going to do this!

There will be progress next week.

Peace and love.

Len

http://trappedinafatman@blogsopt .com

2 comments:

  1. awesome. you should post some pictures so everyone can see how fly you look now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list and I'm with Liz on the photo journal idea!

    ReplyDelete